Monday, November 3, 2014

Homemade Oatmeal and Honey Soap


This past Sunday I was able to learn how to make soap from my Mom. She has always made soap the past few years and I have never been around to watch how it's made. I wanted to make some for Christmas gifts for my family. Homemade gifts are the best! Who doesn't need soap?

The soap that we made is homemade and even vegan. There were lots of oils and butters used in it along with oatmeal. We did cold process. This soap is oatmeal and honey and smells just amazing. It was like a science experiment and taught me a lot. It was exciting because I got to see the outcome of all the hard work. The best part was cutting the soap. Next time I see a bar of homemade soap I'll know truly how much work went into making it. I can't wait to do another soap adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Organizing Music with Moodify

I suck at organizing and labeling things; this includes music. I just dump everything everywhere and forget what playlists are for what. I’v...