Sunday, February 15, 2015

Why I Stopped Wearing Makeup


Natural beauty is the best kind of beauty because there is nothing to hide. Feel beautiful the way you are and nothing less! 

I used to be one of the women who started the morning out with what I would call "putting my face on" ever since 5th grade. I felt I had to compete with the school girls all the way up till senior year. I remember I felt ugly without the makeup and I always wanted to be made up. 

I realized when I started college it didn't really matter what people thought of me anymore. I've had pimples my whole life and I noticed that when I would stop wearing makeup my face would clear up completely. I also had a lot more time to sleep in instead of waking up 30 minutes early to apply my base, concealer, eye liner, mascara, and blush to my face.(eye shadow sometimes) Instead, I was more interested in applying a face moisturizer and I would notice a glow. 

I grew more and more confident in wearing no makeup and didn't ever feel "naked" as some will say when they go a day without makeup. No one ever said I looked sick either. It taught me to love my face without wanting to look like celebrities and constantly comparing myself to them. (What teen didn't look at magazines?) I feel very confident and pretty without wearing tons of makeup.

Makeup can be a great thing, but can also take away from natural beauty if a girl only feels pretty with makeup on her face. Sometimes, less is actually more.

Take a challenge and go a month without makeup. It will make you learn so many things about why it's not a bad thing to not have to depend on makeup and how it will make you feel better! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Organizing Music with Moodify

I suck at organizing and labeling things; this includes music. I just dump everything everywhere and forget what playlists are for what. I’v...