Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday Happiness

Sundays are the best day of the week. There isn't work to worry about, stress to think about, a peaceful relaxing day, and church to look forward to going to. Praise the Lord! 

Today was one of the best days I have had in a while. Me and my husband woke up a little later than expected due to watching Impractical Jokers till 2 AM after a fruit run to Walmart. (I was craving guavas and mangos)


This past week has been a bit stressful so I wanted to do something nice for Jeffrey. I surprised him with taking him to one of his favorite places to eat. He was so excited when we got to Firehouse Subs. Oh the joy of their yummy subs and never ending drink fountains! My favorite chips they have are salt and vinegar. Jeffrey loves the spicy bbq sauce. Hurray to the law enforcement discounts they give as well. I give it a thumbs up. 


Afterwards we headed to Wright Patman Lake to do some fishing. Fishing in December? Yes I said it. I never would have thought the weather could be fishing weather at this time of the year. It was just beautiful today though. Cloudy with a chance of meatballs. I'm just kidding! It was sunny at the temperature of 68 degrees with a slight breeze. There was not many out today which made it nice. My hubby is so sweet. He is patient enough to bait my hook for me each time. He has taught me a lot about fishing. We were so sure we would get a fish, yet we did not catch any fish, but it was still lots of fun. (Guess the fish weren't hungry today) However, I did manage to get my line caught in a stranger's line by accident. Good thing people that fish are super nice and friendly. Nothing beats the way the fish bite in the summertime here in Texas. 


By the time we were done, it was 3 PM.  We went home to relax and chill out for a little bit. Jeffrey burned some trash and leaves while I cooked a chicken and cleaned the house up. I cleaned my car, our kitchen, the insides of our fridge and freezer, and washed some clothes. I was feeling productive! 

Three hours later, we left to go to our church's music event. It was amazing! They had lots of people sing gospel songs. Someone sang my favorite song "Mary Did You Know" also the song we got married to. It's a special song in my heart. You could tell Jesus was in the room. They had a reception afterwards and that was delicious. There's too many awesome foods to name. All I can say is those ladies worked hard and had some real good recipes. Nothing made from a box. Later we ran into our pastor and visited with him and got prayed for. It was a great time! 

I am thankful for these days with my husband to enjoy. I love spending wonderful time with him because we will always have great memories together to cherish. You never know how long life will be, so it's very important to be happy each and every day.

Matthew 19:6 "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let no man separate."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Organizing Music with Moodify

I suck at organizing and labeling things; this includes music. I just dump everything everywhere and forget what playlists are for what. I’v...